04 July 2011

Magazine Fast Lane



What looked like a terrible morning when I opened my bedroom curtains, turned out to be the most fun and beautiful day of my week!

Thinking it was going to be cold and wet, I walked out in my boots and winter coat. I nervously awaited a, "Sorry, we won't ride the Vespas today, the weather's too gloomy", but instead I was greeted with sunny skies and smiling faces and the opportunity to test drive the cutest little scooter in town – The Vespa.

Jessica and I went to the Vespa showroom and were greeted by their employees who bombarded us with every piece of Vespa 411 in the manual! From engine capacity to price ranges and manufacturing – by the time we left, we were pros!
Enough with the theory, let's ride. Needless to say, it was like flying (well, flying really slowly. It was my first time after all!). It was surprisingly easy to ride and handle and makes one feel incredibly cool and sexy! It's DEFINITELY a must-have for your Christmas list!

It was back to the office and when we got there, there was a party thrown for the interns who were leaving. We all received cute little goodie bags and a pink certificate for our hard work as seventeen's 2011 interns.
In my week here, I have learned so much in terms of realising the path that I'm on and if it's the right one. I learnt that maybe I want to work as a feature editor as opposed to having always wanted to be a fashion editor. It always sounded "cool" LOL.

I also appreciate the value of a magazine a lot more now that I've actually worked for one! Next time I even think about putting a pair of scissors to a magazine, I will most DEFINITELY think twice!


Now to send my SHOUT OUTS.

I would like to say a huuuuge THANK YOU to Jess Manim, Khwezi Magwaza, my fellow interns and the entire seventeam for making this experience so worthwhile and fun. I truly respect what they do here and really hope to be a permanent part of the industry one day *hint to the editors*!

Lots of Love,
Queen Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment