01 July 2011

Fabulous interns, for a fabulous magazine!

If I could describe my day in one word it would be, inspiring. I can actually imagine how people get so caught up in their work, that they forget what amazing people they are working with.

For the first time, me and my colleagues huddled together to work on a mini assignment that we were given. We had to make a list about the things we love (link to seventeen loves), that we think seventeen readers would love too. From 500 days of Summer, to the latest mascara, to lip tint, our list could have gone on for days. What I loved about this assignment was that it taught me so much about my colleagues, who I previously knew very little about. I’m going to be brave, and write my thoughts down. I might be wrong and make them hate me forever, but on the other hand, I might be right and we could all be friends forever! So here goes…

Let me start with Carmen. Carmen is little Miss Creative, she likes taking pictures and making things pretty, she’s also really shy but very warm with an inviting smile. She’s the kind of girl, who not only wants to be the part, but she also wants to look the part (and she does). She’s the kind of girl who waits to take everyone up to lunch- and then takes a picture of them.

Belinda on the other hand, is Miss Fabulosity! She’s the kind of girl who has her hair, make up, and nails done to the T. She is as tall as a palm tree and has the kind of voice that makes you listen. While we were all talking about the fabulous things we love, mentioning things like our favourite albums, and favourite places to hang out, she whipped out the largest mascara stick I have ever seen in my life, I mean that thing was huge, and was like, “This is my favourite thing at the moment.” Lol you’ve got to love seventeen girls!

Then there’s the sweetest blonde among us, Chanel. You can’t miss Chanel; she has the blondest hair, and the broadest smile. And if I remember nothing else from my time here, the one thing I won’t forget is that, “Stripes and lace, are in this season… stripes and lace are in.”

Now I don’t know all the interns at the academy…. yet. But knowing me, we’ll all have nicknames for each other, by the end of the week.

Being an intern at seventeen magazine is about much more than working on the magazine, it’s also about meeting fabulous people who make you love working on the magazine a whole lot more.


Till tomorrow
Nandi

No comments:

Post a Comment