07 July 2011

Let’s go Lift Surfing!

This morning didn’t start off on a good note, I burnt my finger with my hair straightener (so sore!) and I couldn’t find my boots that I’m pretty sure I packed in Joburg... so frustrating! But after seeing the ‘always smiling’ seventeam girls when I walked into the offices, I knew my day could only get better!

My first assignment for the day was to go with Juanita , one of the interns,(she's awesome!) and take inspirational photos of various objects anywhere inside the 22-story building. We got a lot of weird looks from passer-bys while we randomly snapped pics of chairs, flowers and even walls (yes, walls can be inspiring). Lift surfing was fun, I wouldn’t be surprised if one of those lifts is out of order tomorrow morning because we pressed too many of the buttons at the same time!

I finished my first quiz with the headline ‘Are you heading for a break-up?’ (Hit seventeen.mobi on your cell to read it!), which I spent forever trying to compile; I’m not exactly an expert on that topic! But Kerry said it was perfect (yay!). I love how the seventeam is so nice; it makes this whole experience tons more enjoyable.

I had some spare time, and I was in a “writing mood” so I decided to write another blog post for my blog, Sarahndippity, but I kept getting distracted by everything going on in the office! I managed to get a sneak peek at the next issue by looking over my shoulder at what Judi, the design intern, was doing on the computer, she’s so creative! That inspired me to go take some more photos of the interns for the 17 blog, fun!

Interning at seventeen has been so amazing, I can only hope I get to work at a magazine like this once I’ve finished my studies *hint hint* :P. Looking forward to day 4!

Sarah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment