06 July 2011

Goodbye is the hardest word...

LOL that sounds like an old love song I know.

I am trying to finish up my last task and the pressure is on. I can’t believe today is my last day. I have gotten so comfortable and used to everything at seventeen . Chanel and I both have writer’s block so I can’t think of the right things to say because ‘I hate goodbyes’...*another cheesy love song*.

I’ve completed my final rough draft for the gamer quiz and my timeline feature. I’ll be meeting with Zainab later to round everything up. At lunch, Chanel and I went to explore the city a bit. On our way back, we bumped into one of Chanel’s friends. She is also an intern at another magazine – whose name I won’t mention, (it’s apparently very boring there and they give her all the “not so nice work” to do). She says she regrets not applying to seventeen instead.

I am so happy that I applied to seventeen and got the opportunity to work with the most amazing group of mentors and friends. This experience got me excited for my future in media – whether it is print, online or broadcasting.
Interning at seventeen has opened my eyes to all the opportunities out there. This is not the last you’ll hear from me but for now this is goodbye.

Juanita (entertainment intern)

No comments:

Post a Comment