19 July 2011

The week that was

Today is the last of my fab five days at seventeen mag.

It's been a wonderful week and I learned something new every day! This morning I felt a bit sad because no one has replied to my emails for my timeline. But Jessica has been really cool about it and gave me some useful tips/motivation.

I came in early today just like the past four days because it's good to get an early start. I had to type and check my sources – that is a very important part of the story and I had to get my pictures sorted. We also took some great pictures around the office today, which is always loads of fun.

All the other interns are so awesome. Today's most important lesson learned was that researching and getting in touch with people is the hardest part of the job. Before I forget, the best thing just happened: I got a ticket to go to Fashion Week! Omg! I'm so excited, I can’t wait. Thanks to Taugheedah, the fashion editor.

My week ended in the best way ever, I can’t believe it. This experience has been the best ever, it gave me a chance to see what my future will look like and I now know for sure that the magazine industry is where I want to be. I can't wait to get back to college to tell all my friends about my week as a seventeen intern. They're all journalism students so they are dying to know what working at a mag was like!

Ciao for now
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment