01 July 2011

In My Element


9.30am: I got to the seventeen office – it seems like all the interns arrive earlier and earlier everyday. I guess we enjoy what we are doing that much*rolling eyes*!

I decided to make a change today, instead of writing my blog post late like I usually do, I started at 10am. I keep forgetting that little thing called a deadline that creeps up at 3pm, but not today. My list of tasks for the day was...well, quite lengthy I must say.

I spent most of my day stressing about my feature on successful South Africans. It’s a lot harder than I thought!

3.05pm: I got back from my interview with the band MacGyver Knife...Yay. They are the most chilled out guys I know...listen to me talking like we’ve been friends for years. They are so full of jokes and I couldn’t help laughing at the punches they were cracking out at each other.

Zainab and I recorded the interview, so now I just needed to turn it into an article.

In typical celebrity style, the entertainment industry big shots I contacted yesterday either chickened out or were way too busy to reply to my questions (so uncool!). But no worries because we have backups!

On a different note: I got some light reading to take home, Meg Cabot’s (the same author that graced us with The Princess Diaries series) brand new trilogy. I read the first chapter, but didn’t really enjoy it because I think it was a little too dark and twisted for me. Then again, I’m the girl who had nightmares for six months after my 13th birthday party which had a scary theme.

I had an awesome time interviewing MacGyver Knife and I think the media bug just bit me. I even love the writing side of it.

Peace, love and sparkles...
Juanita, entertainment intern

No comments:

Post a Comment