12 July 2011

Beauty and the seventeam

Today was my first day as a beauty intern at seventeen.

I was very nervous at first as I had no idea what to expect, but I quickly settled in and got straight to work. The other interns and I received a warm welcome in an introductory meeting. We were introduced to the seventeam and Khwezi, the editor of the mag.

I had to learn how to use the photocopy machine very quickly. My tasks also included sharing my input and ideas for advertorials; the next exciting issue and finding new looks and trends (exciting!). I really enjoyed doing research, brainstorming ideas, attending meetings to discuss the stories and layout and what is to be used, and what is to be scrapped (for now).

I had the privilege of learning the process of putting together an issue of seventeen, which I found interesting. The day unfortunately went by very quickly but I cannot wait to see what is in store for me tomorrow!

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment