12 July 2011

Don't rush Friday

I didn't get much sleep last night because I was nervous, scared and of course, excited!

I finally landed an internship at seventeen magazine. The magazine I've been reading since I was in grade 9 – four whole years. I arrived at about 9:15am since I couldn't wait to get started. Walking into the seventeen HQ, I immediately fell in love with the brand all over again.

I met the Jessica, the Deputy Editor and she showed me to my desk and briefed me on my first task. I discovered that I would be writing an article for the mag (gulp)! I was freaking out a bit on the inside for like a minute and then calmed myself down and started with my research. At noon I had my first ever brief meeting (If that's what it's called?) and had to pitch my ideas to Jessica. Thankfully she liked them and gave me some tips.

My first day went by pretty fast and I enjoy every minute of it. This building is amazing and so is the canteen, which is on the 22nd floor with a view of the sea. I am dreading Friday because that's my last day here.

I feel so lucky to be here and can't wait to see what the rest of the week has in store for me (actually I want the time to go super slow).

xoxo
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment