06 July 2011

Stats and Supersistas

My second day at the seventeen offices is almost over; I still can’t believe how fast the days go by here! Today I met Roxanne, the Assistant Digital Editor, and she showed me how the stats for the seventeen website work. It was surprisingly really interesting!

We had a ‘stats meeting’ in the afternoon and spoke about the website’s traffic and what makes the readers want to come onto the site. Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez articles are the most popular – being the huge Belieber that I am, I think the majority of those clicks were probably from me *embarrassed face*.

When I was told I would be interning with the Digital Editor, my first thought was “Huh?” I had no idea that digital editors even existed, but now that I’ve seen all the hard work they put in to attract attention to the mag, I realise they play a VERY important role in the magazine biz.

While I was updating the blog, I saw that one of the interns Nandi, called me a supersista! Woohoo thanks Nandi! It’s weird that I haven’t had a chance to have a proper convo with the other interns yet, but they seem really cool! The seventeen offices, despite my expectations, are quiet and calm for the majority of the time. There’s no screaming and shouting and throwing around of papers! But then again, that stuff usually only happens during deadline week.
I wrote two gossip articles, one was on Taylor Momsen ,who I really can’t stand, but I managed to put aside my ‘differences’ and write a lightly toned story about her and her new beau. One of the sources said “They're well-matched given their joint love of black eyeliner." That made me LOL.

I’m quite upset that my second day is already over, that means I only have three days left here! *tear*. But I’m definitely going to make the most of them, looking forward to tomorrow!

Love & Lipgloss
Sarah :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment