05 July 2011

Je m'appelle Maroefah!

This means my name is Maroefah in French, a language that I want to learn. I still can’t believe I am working at seventeen magazine.
I applied for this internship about a million times (Just kidding! I think it was three times).

I was starting to believe that it was simply not meant to be. And then I remembered what my wise grandmother always used to tell me, “try and try again”. And I guess persistence is the key to success because here I am.

I was nervous when I came here because (to me) damp and windy weather always signifies doom. And I’d hate to think that the career I have dreamt about my whole life was doomed before it even began.

That had me questioning a lot of things, like am I making the right choice by becoming a magazine journalist? Well, that thought didn’t last very long after I got to seventeen HQ. I had to do some research (weird, because I actually love researching) for a story to pitch in my first features meeting.

All in all, it was a fantastic day! I got to meet the entire seventeam and I was so excited that I think I arrived way too early. But, what can I say; you can’t stop an eager beaver.

Au revoir mon amie ,
Maroefah

No comments:

Post a Comment