15 July 2011

No words can describe it

Advice to all future fashion interns: Never wear heels on the days when you're shooting!

I decided to wear heels today because I was going straight to Fashion Week after work, but unless it's really necessary, I do not recommend wearing heels on a shoot.
After a very early start (I woke up at 04h45), I met Taugheedah at 07h00 and we packed all the outfits for the shoots and met two of the "real girls" (readers who model for the magazine). While we were packing I learnt how much planning goes into the shoots and how organized and dedicated you need to be.
I don't think people who read magazines realize how much planning goes into the fashion pages. Once we were ready we left the office to go to the studio where we would be shooting. As soon as we arrived I unpacked all the outfits and then Mutale arrived to help me from then on. In the first session the "real girls" modelled a few outfits and in the second session it was time for the professional models.

In between these sessions, Mutale and I had our hair and make-up done for our photographs that will be in the magazine with our date outfits. The outfits Taugheedah styled are all amazing, but you will have to wait until October to see them in the magazine.

Eight hours later we left the studio after packing up all the outfits, recording what each girl wore in every photo and re-attaching labels to all the clothes and accessories. After we dropped everything off at the office Taugheedah dropped me at the CTICC for the 6pm fashion show which included the Tart and Michelle Ludek Spring/Summer 2011/2012 collections.

It would be an understatement to say that the night was amazing. I will never forget my first real fashion show for the rest of my life. I really cannot believe that tomorrow is my last day as a fashion intern at seventeen. I hope to come back in the near future to help Taugheedah out again.

It really has been an incredible seven days!
Love, Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment