11 July 2011

I wish I could stay here forever!

We just had a farewell party for some of the other interns that are leaving today and all I can say is that I'm so glad I'm not one of them.

I still have another week and it feels great. When I arrived this morning Taugheedah told me that today we would be going to Canal Walk to source items for the upcoming shoots – how exciting.

I couldn't think of a better way to spend my day than browsing around shops and picking out all the best clothes, shoes and accessories. However it wasn't as simple as I thought it would be as some shops don't make it easy for you to take their clothes for shoots.

On the way to Canal Walk we had the chance to talk to Taugheedah. I was very happy about this as I had a few questions about the industry. After listening to her it made me even more certain that this is the career path that I want to follow once I've finished school.

In the car Taugheedah also mentioned to Mutale and I that we may be able to go to Cape Town Fashion Week next week (can I get a scream?). I was speechless. It felt like a dream. I still can't believe that I actually got the opportunity to intern here!

I was even slightly disappointed when we found out that we don't come to the office on Saturdays. I am just so grateful that I got this opportunity to be an intern and I hope that one day I am lucky enough to work in the seventeen fashion department.

Keep it stylin'
Tara - Fashion Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment