14 July 2011

'Being the press'

Today I attended the Artscape Women's Festival Media Launch on behalf of Zainab because she couldn't make it.

When I arrived at the Artscape, I thought that I wouldn't stay for the entire programme... and guess what? I ended up staying until the end! It was really cool listening to the speakers and what they had to say about women and society in general. I really enjoyed it.

The talks ranged from empowering women and society, to creating respect through arts and culture. It just felt so real being around all these hotshots in the media industry and receiving press releases (I mean, being in PR, I'm the one who should be writing these press releases and issuing it to people).

The conference also made me realise that these are the kinds of things I will be doing one day: liaising with the media, writing press releases, organizing exhibitions and doing the other things PR people do.

So, it just looks like my stay here at seventeen just gets better and better every day. Oh, and tomorrow I have the interview with White Collar Kiss at Canal Walk*excited*

Kelly, Entertainment Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment