06 July 2011

The September Issue

Yet, another day in the life of a seventeen intern! Today, we (the interns) got to sit in on the production meeting for The September Issue of Seventeen but ,unlike (what I’m guessing) is a very tense meeting with Anna Wintour, the lovely ladies of Seventeen were cracking jokes and having a ball! While in a meeting! If ever I had a doubt about working at seventeen, they are all gone and I am sold!



I think above all, I absolutely love the fact that everyone here is so super polite and helpful. Which, of course kills those insane notions that women in the magazine industry are snobbish and only care about selling their preconcieved ideas of perfection to the well, not so perfect. And at the end of the day, that is what sets seventeen apart from the rest.

Speaking of September, the weather today was better than yesterday. The beautiful sun came out and blessed us with happiness. And I got to wear my sandals! (Yay!) It’s kind of funny, how the right weather or the right outfit changes your mood. But, that does not mean that you have to be sad on a rainy day. It’s all in your mind. Make the sun shine on your own time. There’s no stopping you.

Wishing you lots of sunshine and happiness,
Maroefah!

No comments:

Post a Comment