12 July 2011

Not bad at all

I was super nervous this morning. As I looked outside the passenger seat window, I said to my mom, "Oh my goodness, I do not believe I'm here. I don't think I want to get out of the car" (I was having one of those baby needs to grow up moments).

To make myself feel like less of a baby I convinced myself that this is totally new to me. I am only sixteen and I'm going to the fourth floor where all of the seventeen big shots work.
Truth be told, I actually had a different picture in my head to what I found.

As I walked in, I kept thinking, "I hope they like me, don't do anything stupid, play it cool Nicole, and don't say too much, smile and wave". To my relief, the people I found were anything but mean. I met a lot of really nice people and I learned a lot about the job and what has to get done before the whole – AMAZING – magazine gets put together.

I felt totally special here today, I was even given my own wall, where I could put pictures that inspire me. OMG I was also put in front of an Apple Mac computer and I had no idea how to use it. I had to put a disk into the SCREEN; to me that wasn't normal and I honestly thought the thing ate my disk.
Luckily, Sally, the art director was willing to assist my stupidity. Today was definitely a fun learning experience that I cannot wait to come back to.

I have a new found appreciation for people who work a 9 to 5 job, I'm pooped.

Pockets of love
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment