08 July 2010

Midweek Madness: Photoshoots & Taylor Lautner

It’s halfway through the week and it’s hard to believe there are only a few days left of the first part of the 17 Intern Academy! The girls have been busily working on their articles, but that doesn’t mean there hasn’t been time for some fun too!


Getting together to pose!

“I’m back from my day off and am rearing to go…
Today started off with me pitching my idea for next year’s diary to Stacey, the art director. So I pulled up a chair and went to fetch my notes only to discover that my notes had disappeared! Luckily I remembered most of my ideas and could pitch them to Stacey off the top of my head. She seemed to like my idea, yay me☺, and now I can’t wait to see if she actually uses it.
My next task for the day, and this is for all those future Mrs Biebers out there, was to find images for next month’s story on Justin Bieber. I also had to find a runway picture of a mint green and candy floss pink summery outfit. But after the amount of pictures I had to go through before I could find them, you’d expect that I was searching for a picture of a one-eyed man riding on the back of the Loch Ness Monster!
After that search ended, I had to write a review on the July/August issue. Yes, that’s right, I got a free copy of the latest issue. It’s so awesome! Then we had a mini photoshoot of all the interns. It was pretty fun; sneaking around the office to try and get a picture by the editor’s desk. I felt like a little kid again and a famous one at that what with all the camera flashes going on☺”
- Kayla, art director intern


"Wow. So today I am super amped! This morning I was really tired and I just wanted to sleep. I dislike waking up early, but the minute I walked into the seventeen offices, I was wide awake. I walked past the huge Taylor Lautner cover on the wall, up the stairs and to my desk and I was warmly greeted by Rutendo and Danelle, my fellow interns. Oh, how I love it here. So this morning Delene, the enterainment ed, called me to her desk and told me that I will be interviewing a celeb. A real celebrity. I’m super excited. The interview is tomorrow. I won’t say who it is just yet. Gotta wait till my next blog ☺
At lunch, I had the most delicious sandwich. Yummy! The other girls and I love our lunch break because we get to chat (not that we don’t do it in the office) lol. Whenever we want to take a group picture of all of us interns, one person is missing. Today we FINALLY had everyone. We took many pictures with many different cameras. It was so much fun ☺ it’s almost time for me to leave. Each day seems to get better and better. I love it here. Until tomorrow peeps."
- Lezanne, entertainment intern


Jodie and Ashleigh

"So today I am kitted out in the colours of the Spanish flag as I back my team in the semi-finals tonight. Today has been quite busy so far. This morning I have been contacting more Urban Scouts, even though many of the girls’ phones go straight to voicemail, in order to get their addresses for their gifts. I also did a video recording for Kerry telling Media24 why I love seventeen and why I chose to be an intern here. I was really nervous but I thoroughly enjoyed it all. I was even told I was a natural. At lunchtime Ashleigh and I went out to Spar to get some sweet (and savoury) snacks. After having my lunch, I was about to get down to business when the other interns came down to take group photos. Taking the photos was great fun and upon returning to my desk, I can officially say that my jaws are sore from smiling. But it was all worth it.
It is almost 3pm already! I have no idea where the time has gone! I am now going to be working on a cover letter that will be sent out via email, to the seventeen clientele. I am also excited because I will be getting a sneak peak at the July/August issue. Definite perks to being an intern."
- Jodie, PR intern

This morning I woke up so amped to get to work. Got here on time and Jennifer, the group digital editor, came to me with loads of work to do today. I started off doing some gossip stories and managed to find out some great new celeb juice! After all that fun, I then had to do some love doctor questions. I felt like Dr. Phil It’s like Ugly Betty here, everyone is running around doing their job and I’m running around too as I have so much to do! After having some lunch with Jodie, I went back to work and a little while later the interns from upstairs came down to take some group pictures. I’m going to miss it here. Look at me standing by Taylor Launter poster lol so cool hey. It was so much fun taking pictures with the girls back to work. Chat soon keep smiling ☺
- Ashleigh, Digi Ed intern


We're def Team Jacob!

No comments:

Post a Comment