20 July 2010

Le Tour de Seventeen



Hanging out with Axene at 17 HQ!

Feels like the last lap of this four week race that’s I’ve been doing. It’s like a ‘Tour de Seventeen.’
I had a very chilled and relaxed day, working on my pieces as usual. The office was actually fairly quiet and empty today. No fashion department and intern present and no beauty department and intern present, but we still survived.
The three interns that were in the office today were Shakirah, Donnae and myself. We’re all working pretty hard to get all our things done by our deadline this Friday. I’m sure we’ll have it done.
Highlight of the day: we just met Axene. She’s a singer – homegrown right here in South Africa. She’s a very bubbly, down-to-earth and has an amazing personality. Axene seems to have the whole balance between stardom and being a normal girl, sort of like a Hanna Montana: Best of both Worlds vibe ☺
Who wants to be famous? Pick me Pick me!
-Rutendo, Editor intern

Time surely is flying by… I don’t want this to end, but I guess that all good things come to an end. This has definitely been a good thing so far. In fact, an awesome thing! One that I’ll never forget.
Today, of course, I did some more design and lay out work, and tomorrow I’ll be moving on to a new page which is quite exciting. I can’t wait to get to it. I absolutely love what I’m doing here even though it’s hard work and time-consuming. It’s my passion and it doesn’t feel like work at all.
Rutendo and I decided to take a walk to go have lunch. It’s a beautiful day in Cape Town and it would really be a waste not to spend some of the time with nature, even if it’s just five minutes.
The highlight of the day had to be meeting Axene, a South African pop\rock singer and SAMA winner. I know this sounds so clichéD but she is really down to earth, so easy to talk to and a typical 17-er! It’s so inspiring for me when I meet people from different walks of life, young or old, because we all have our own stories to tell. Wishing her all the best, she’s well on her way to the top!
– Donae, Art Director intern

Friday was a chilled day. We did some work around the office, unpacked stock, made photocopies and did a bit of filing.
Monday, on the other hand, was hectic. Right from the morning and throughout the day, we did sourcing. In other words, a LOT of shopping. It was great fun but also very tiring and, by the end of the day, my back was aching. However, it was a great experience and is a great part of the job. We only did Long street and Canal Walk and it took the entire day. That should tell you how many stores we went to and how much clothing and accessories we came back with.
What a great day!
– Angie, Fashion intern

No comments:

Post a Comment