02 July 2010

Meetings, meetings, meetings...


At a features meeting where everyone presented their ideas to the seventeam :)

“Today was a really good day. I felt like a seventeen employee. I walked into the office, went to my desk, said my hellos and then reported to Kwezi, the editor, for my tasks for the day. We then had a meeting with all the interns and the 17team to discuss the October issue. It was really interesting to hear what the other departments will be working on. I got a chance to pitch my ideas for the next issue. I’m so excited because I get to work on three of the features I proposed.
After our meeting we all decided to go for lunch. It was a great breather and a good chance for all of the interns to get to know each other better.
It’s not just all work and no fun. We went around taking random photos of us “working” but we knew the camera was there so it was pose working.
It’s not work when you’re having fun.
Till tomorrow ☺”
– Rutendo, 19, Editor intern


Rutendo and Khwezi hanging out doing "editorial" things.

I arrived at the seventeen offices excited for the day. This morning we were given a task to complete before our meeting. I must say that I had fun trying to think up ideas on the topic that we were given. At the meeting, we had to present our ideas. We went through everyone’s ideas and thoughts on the next issue. In that meeting, I was given my first major assignment. Well, several assignments but they’re all pretty important. Plus, I was given my first deadline for a task.
Directly after that meeting was lunchtime and so a few of the interns and I stepped out of the office to enjoy the sun on our lunch break. When we returned to the office, we got straight to work. The office was hushed with everyone working on our respective pieces.
I think that today was a pretty productive day and I definitely can’t wait for tomorrow to continue my tasks ☺
– Lezanne, 17, Entertainment editor intern


Striking a pose...

No comments:

Post a Comment