07 July 2010

Hot Guys, Lunch and... Netherlands to Win?

“Today has been quite busy, as I have been working on our newsletter. I am really excited to see how it will turn out! Since I walked in this morning I have been busy typing away and putting together a possible format for the newsletter. Ashleigh and I had a quick lunch together. I can’t believe that I have just 2 more hours left at seventeen today. Time really does fly when you are kept busy and having fun. Well, now to find a place where we can get foliage or vines. Hope it won’t take me TOO long.”
– Jodie, PR intern

“The weather this morning was really bad, but it was warmer in the office. We had a meeting this morning where we looked at pictures of boys (their girlfriends too though) for an article. It was sooo much fun :D
This day seemed like it went by so quickly. Maybe it’s because we end work at 14:30 today because the game is in Cape Town. I’d say work was pretty cool today. I love saying work ☺ I work now ☺ lol. This is all going to be over soon and I will miss it, especially lunch will my fellow interns ☹ aww I wish it wouldn’t end.”
– Lezanne, Entertainment intern



Checking out a few pics of some hotties ;)

“Holland! Wooohooo! Okay, apart from being totally SUPER EXCITED about tonight’s soccer match, today was really great. I walked into the offices (wearing my orange Netherland’s T-shirt of course!), greeted the other interns and started working on my article. I’m really excited about it, I think all the research was actually worth it (not to mention a lot more exciting than doing research for a school task). We also had a mini meeting about the boy’s talk section, which was really cool, because we got to look at all the pictures and decide which guys are hot enough (okay, not really, the answers are also important), and some of those guys were really good looking, hehe. This afternoon we each got a free issue of Seventeen, which was quite cool, and the rest of the day we all just worked on our articles. But for now I’m off to go and watch Netherlands win… until tomorrow, tot ziens!! “
– Danelle, Editorial intern

“I don’t really feel like staring this with the usual “Today I…” or “Today was a good day…” or even “I am happy…” I want to take a different approach so I’m going to start with this.
Dear person reading this blog. If there is one thing I’ve learnt about being a journalist it is that you have to find different ways of saying the same thing. If you think about it, there are only a few ways to say one thing, unless of course you can say it in a different language.
I’m virtually finished with my careers spread sheet. I’m giving myself till the end of Wednesday to draw a close to it (my first deadline). Other wise, as “intern editor”, I’ll fire myself. (Not really)
We went through the ‘best boyfriend’ feature earlier on today... It’s really nice to see a feature begin to take shape. Some of the guys and girls that live in Cape Town will be coming to the Seventeen offices to do a mini photo shoot for the feature. I’m quite excited because hopefully my friends will be able to come through.
Another thing I’m working on is a report back for Vodacom’s new Color feature for phones. I’m not totally sure what it’s about yet.
Today we’re finishing a lot earlier because of the World Cup game happening today. This means two hours less of ‘Seventeen time’ ☹ “
– Rutendo, Editor intern




Lunch anyone?

2 comments: