19 July 2010

Another Week Gone

As another week draws to a close, the new batch of interns in the 17 Intern Academy reflect on the week that was and look ahead to their final week at the intern academy! Here's what they have to say:


Short day for me today as I am off to M1 agency for an interview. I worked on laying out the Health pages. Stacey, the art director, told me to change a few things and then rechecked it and according to her, “I am almost there”, so that’s great! Khwezi told us that we will be meeting with 17-year-old singer Axine who has sung with Loyiso and Lira (one of my favourite SA singers). I will be laying out that story, soooo exciting! That should be interesting, can’t wait.
Till then,
Donae, Art Director Intern


Donae, looking pretty at her desk.

No matter how good or bad your week is going it’ll always get better by uttering three simple words. It. Is. Friday.
As much as I LOVE coming to work everyday, there is something so sweet about sleeping on a Friday night knowing that you can wake up after 10:00 look at the clock and go back to sleep.
I can honestly say today must have been my most productive day and I didn’t even have my morning coffee fix. I finally finished the two pieces I have been working on, I finished part one of the things I needed to do for the Media24 Excellence Awards, I sent out e-mails, I received some and I even took a break. Wow. I think it’s because I wrote down everything I needed to, in a handwriting I could read and all in the same place.
We also had a meeting earlier on today about which categories we were going to enter for the Media24 Excellence Awards. What was supposed to be a three man meeting with Khwezi, Jessica and I turned out to be an all the editors and me meeting ☺. It was cool. Everyone giving their opinions and ‘chilling’. I felt so cool. Maybe someday I’ll be one of the editors. How does Rutendo Nyamuda Internship Editor sound?
I can’t believe I only have one week left of interning. It feels like just yesterday I got the message that I got in. Well I need to take full advantage of next week. I really can’t wait.
So I’m off to have a great weekend. I’m going to be super busy sleeping. Do not disturb!!
-Rutendo, Editor’s Intern


Wow the weather is soooo cold outside! Gosh, luckily the Seventeen offices are warm to the max!
So this morning I arrived late, again! But I made up for it by doing a coffee run with Angie (Fashion Intern).
Khwezi the Editor of 17, came up to me and asked me, to do a FAB interview next week. It is with Axene, the youngest SAMA winner. It’ll be taking place on Monday, so I got homework for this weekend! I’m really excited for this because it’s an experience I will definitely not forget as it is my first professional interview.
Day 5 is almost done, just finishing my work and proof reading my article! Awesome, man!
- Shaakirah, Editorial Intern


Shakirah, chilling at the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment