22 July 2010

17 Academy: The TV Show

What a day. Had an early start with Stacey checking out my lay out and tweaking a few things and finally signing that section off. At lunch today, the intern gals and I got snap-happy taking loads of pics, had ice cream (for lunch) and just had plain girly fun in the sun.
Thereafter, Stacey let me PDF the September issue of 17. So cool: I get to see what’s in my fave mag before any other 17ers (my friends especially) in SA (don’t be jealous now, it’ll be out soon).
As far as I know, tomorrow will be loads of fun once again. Angie and I will be scouting the streets for fashionistas (sisters with style) which will be featured in the October issue. That should call for an interesting task. Can’t wait. Yay!
– Donae, Art Director intern

SO day 8 has come to an end and what can I say?! It’s another day closer to the end of my time here!
Today, not much was done except for the fact that I had to transcribe my interview with Axene, which was quite a challenge! Woo hoo… It’s NOT fun at all to play and rewind all the time! But lunch was cool today: Rutendo, Donae and I went out and took some really cool pics in the heart of the Mother City. What a beautiful day it’s been so far! The sun is out and it’s BURNING outside! I had fun today with my new friends… the ice cream was fun too!
– Shakirah, Editorial intern

So yesterday on “Academy 17: I the Intern” (oh, that’s just the name I gave to my fake series) Jessica, the beauty intern, left us. She’s been on photo shoots for the past two days so we never actually got a chance to say goodbye. But she left with a bang, having witnessed both the hair makeovers and the best boyfriend photo shoots.
Today on “Academy 17: I the Intern”: I touched up on my writing pieces then Shakirah, Donae and myself went on a mini photo shoot of our own. Well, actually it was just lunch but we took quite a few photos so it might as well have been a photo shoot. After that I got started on my Voice Out. For now, it’s called “I Never Got the Memo”. It’s quite exciting. It’s all about fashion and how it’s constantly changing to the point where now we’re not sure what’s in or out of fashion so people are following their own trends. But I’m not going to give too much away. You must read it ☺
Tomorrow is the final countdown. 4 interns. 3 days left. 2 are always late (hehe) but there can be only one winner on “Academy 17 – I the Intern”.
– Rutendo, Editor intern






Pose. Pout. It's photo shoot time.

No comments:

Post a Comment