29 June 2011

Picking up the pace!

So I survived my first day as a seventeen magazine intern. And then Tuesday came, it was a bit more draining than the first day with deadlines creeping up by the hour.
I'll admit, seeing my first real deadline was...err, well it had me on the edge. I’m starting to realise that researching articles and finding the perfect interviewee is NOT an easy job!

I sat for hours trying to find the right person to interview for an article but it proved to be more difficult than I thought. And it seemed like time was intentionally running faster just to spite me.

We had a production meeting in the morning, how professional LOL. The seventeam discussed the progress of the mag thus far, what’s done, what isn’t and why, that kind of stuff. In typical intern style, we just sat there and listened.
After the meeting, we returned to our busy deadline chasing selves. Whilst everyone was “hard at work”, Khwezi receives a little present: A sculpture of her face made entirely of...cheese.It was awkward to say the least but still extremely hilarious, especially when she exclaimed, “I’m not gonna eat my face!”.

On our lunch break, the other interns and I decided to check if our blogs had been posted yet. We were amazed to see how fast they had been put up and how long some were (cough cough – *blush*). In my defence though, I was told to make it lengthy just in case you liked what I was saying or something!
And with that said, I think I’ll stop now.

Hugs and kisses,
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment