29 June 2011

Fish, Nik Naks and cheese

I hopped on to the train this morning to get to work. It smelled like fish and Nik Naks but I carried on. Got to seventeen HQ, made myself some tea and got ready for the day.

We had a quick production meeting to track the progress of the September issue, it was great to sit in and absorb the planning that goes towards creating the glossy mag. We see it on the shelves, but never realise how much work actually goes into creating it and now I am a part of that.

Then the most random thing happened; Khwezi was sent a huge sculpture of her head made out of cheese I think she was crowned dairy queen of the year. There was talk of having a fondue get-together, which I personally think is rather freaky but really funny at the same time because she had to pose for photos and say ‘CHEESE’!

Then it was back to work, I had to empty and sort out a whole stack of job bags, not so nice! Zainab, link to career profile the entertainment editor, gave me some CDs to review which was great. Who doesn’t love listening to music right? Then I had to do some more research on a local band MacGyver Knife who I’m going to be interviewing on Thursday*sweet*.

I also added some finished magazine content to the dummy board and we are all franticly working on our features and articles for the October careers issue.

At lunch the other girls and I discussed ideas for our tasks and our plans for the rest of the year. All I can say is that we are so happy to be some of the lucky few to be part of the seventeen academy for 2011. It is the most amazing opportunity and I urge every girl who is interested in the mag business to be brave, put yourself out there and make the effort to apply.

Kisses,
Juanita

No comments:

Post a Comment