02 July 2012

The Big Day



Whew, this is it! The holy grail of youth magazines... seventeen magazine! With a slightly shaky stride, I stepped into the office expecting to be treated as a subordinate, but thankfully, us interns were welcomed and made to feel like part of the seventeam immediately. After a mini-meeting of introductions to the team, I was assigned to work with the fashion editor, Taugheedah. She soon gave me a few tasks, which included creating a mood board of spring/summer trends for this year, among others. Of course, some of the interns had to do the lunch-time run to MacDonalds to get lunch for the ravenous team...someone has to do the dirty work, right? Lastly, I got to check out the fashion and beauty storeroom, filled with the latest products, shoes and clothes that haven't even hit the stores yet... needless to say, I was in awe. Overall, my first day experience has been good and I'm pretty sure this is a trend that will hopefully carry on throughout the week.
Noelle, Beauty Intern




First day as a 17 intern was fun – definitely a new experience. This morning I was really nervous walking into the Seventeen offices but after seeing all the friendly faces my nerves totally flew out the window. The other interns and I got to meet the 7team – they’re really awesome. We all received our tasks and I had to come up with 5 ideas for the issue(scared face). It was a little daunting at first, but once I got started the ideas began flowing. So excited to see what the next few days have in store, well I need to get back to work (lol,felt weird saying that).                   
P.S. check out the awesome couch in the Seventeen office!                  
Love and lipgloss.
Chandré, features intern


You know how in every social circle, there's that friend, the one that's always late? That's me. I got up this morning at past 5, caught a train at 8 and got into town past 9. Yet still, I was late. I remember the "Oh Crap" flying through my brain when I caught a glance of the time on a fellow lift-passengers phone. 10:15. I burst into the office like there was a fire right behind me. What a great first impression.
The day passed, relatively uneventful. Sally (the art director) showed me around the office and explained what it is exactly Art Director's do. I was introduced to "my desk", which I fell in love with immediately. There was a pile of books on one side of the computer and a pile of CDs on the other. I would say the giant dictionary was my favourite part if I didn't have a direct view of the "really hot guys" wall.
What I enjoyed most about my first day would probably be the vibe of the office. From the constant flow of music coming from Sally's desk to the confusion about who ordered what for lunch. All I can think is : What kind of cake will be in the kitchen tomorrow?
Ammaarah, art intern

1 comment:

  1. I env these girls working at Seventeen; I wanted this summer job so badly, sadly I couldn't enter. Next year Seventeen, promise! ;)

    ReplyDelete