09 July 2012

Round Two is a Go!


It’s a new week and with that there’s a whole new group of interns. Walking into the office this morning was daunting and also very exciting, simply because I had gotten used to seeing the same faces. But change is always good. This morning I got stuck into my article and I’m almost finished, which is super exciting!! We sang happy birthday to Janine, which was very cute. Then the new beauty intern and I went for the office’s McDonalds Monday lunch run (I can hear the gym calling my name). It’s great getting to know new people and this week is going to be exciting, mostly because on Thursday I’ll be getting glammed up to take a few pictures with the editor (being able to say that is kind of mind-blowing). Right next to me the beauty editor is having castings for a shoot so there’s a constant stream of models strutting through the office, it’s actually fascinating seeing them coming in and it’s even more fascinating to see who gets chosen because all of the girls are gorgeous in their own way. I must say my favourite thing about the office thus far is the constant supply of cake. What girl can resist that?
“Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.”- Ernestine Ulmer
Yours in fashion
xoxo
Litha, editor’s intern

From walking through the doors of the Absa building to riding up the elevator to the 14th floor and walking into the 17 offices, I was excited and nervous at the same time. Wanting to do well, wanting to learn and wanting to have fun were all top of my list. Walking into the 17 offices my nerves were quickly put aside when I looked around and found other girls sitting on the pink lips couch waiting to begin this awesome week! We met the fabulous team and got paired up with our people and their departments. It’s great to meet the people who, month after month, put together the magazine that we all love. As I sat down to my desk for the week, my eyes wandered over to the upcoming September issue hanging on the board. And, before I knew it, I got lost in the pictures, colours and words that are put together to create the perfect 17 magazine!  This week is going to be one for the books, I can already tell. :)
Danielle, features and digital intern



Nerves sank in as I took the elevator to the 14th floor of the Absa building. I was scared and excited at once. Friendly faces welcomed me as I walked into a room that looked like something out of a movie.  We soon introduced ourselves and got to work.  Sally, my lovely mentor for this week, welcomed me with open arms and showed me what her job is all about.  We celebrated Janine's birthday with song and cupcakes and just spent the rest of the day laughing, working and just having fun. I feel part of the seventeen family already and can't wait for the rest of the week. It's great to be part of this experience.
Ancimi, art intern

Today is my first day at the 17 Intern Academy and it’s going okay so far. I’m working with Genevieve, the beauty editor, and she’s given me some tasks to complete for the day. The other interns and I were surprised to see how easy-going the seventeam are.  I think that they understood how nervous we were when we first walked in here this morning, not knowing what to expect. The other interns are really nice - I don’t even mind that I’m the youngest person here :)
I look forward to the rest of the week, but now I have to get back to work. I hope I find what Genevieve is looking for!
Shenaaz, beauty intern




"Nervous, excited and amazing" -- these are the words that come to mind when I think of today. It was definitely one of the best days of my life and I am still looking forward to the rest of the week. The team was exactly how I'd imagined them to be - calm, amazing and fashionable. I felt like I have known them for years, they really made me and the rest of the interns feel welcome. I was very excited to meet Taugheedah and her fashion intern Gouwah. I was given a task, which was to take pictures of bikinis and pack the clothes in the fashion wardrobe. It felt like heaven, I would definitely not mind camping in there for the rest of this year. Gouwah also took me to Canal Walk to return some clothes. Tomorrow, here I come!
Gomolemo, fashion intern 


No comments:

Post a Comment