13 July 2012

The End of an Era



I can’t believe it’s the last day. The past two weeks have been incredible and eye-opening. I never, in my wildest dreams imagined that the whole experience would be anything like this. The friendly, funny and gorgeous ladies of the 17team are so much better than one could ever imagine.
Yesterday we had the shoot for the Ed’s letter and for the Shakira competition winner as well as the fashion intern. Getting glammed up was super fun and I loved the dress I was wearing. It was fun, but a little bit hard to keep up a smile that looked genuine, but I think I managed. I can’t believe that I’ll be able to say that’s me when I see the October issue. Today I finally got past my mental block and finished my Ed’s letter early in the day. I’m so relieved that I could actually think of something to say. For the last lunch we decided to keep it local by going to the deli downstairs (we didn’t really have much of a choice because it was raining and there was hail, and braving the weather just did not seem worth it).
It’s been really interesting and fun being with another group of interns this week, they’re a completely different bunch of girls, but they’re just as fun to work with. I’m so glad that I got to meet them and I hope that in the future we’ll all be setting the magazine world on fire. 
“All endings are also beginnings; we just don’t know it at the time.”- Mitch Albom 
Yours in fashion
xoxo
Litha, editor’s intern


A week full of fun, laughter, hard work, good food and lots of learning has come to an end.  Busy with some collages and layouts in Indesign and I can't believe I'm typing my last entry for the blog.  This was an amazing experience, I enjoyed every day of it and it's gonna feel so weird to attend class on Monday. Gonna miss all my new friends, the 17 crew and, of course, the delicious cupcakes.  Thanks to the team for their patience, guidance and all the dedication they put into this awesome magazine every month. It's so good to know I will have a small part in the October issue. I think we just saw snow in Cape Town - or we would like to believe it was snow - nevertheless we are putting a last few hours into work before the weekend starts. Leaving with some awesome memories today.  Thank you seventeen for this wonderful opportunity, just love my favourite magazine even more.
Ancimi, Art Intern








Wow I cannot believe that it is already Friday! It makes me so sad to think that I won’t be coming back here on Monday. This week has been so great and filled with awesome moments that make me more sure than ever that this is where I want to be. And that I can do it! The Intern Academy is a really awesome opportunity and it was so nice meeting and getting to know 17team and my fellow interns! Yesterday was a lot of fun because there were some photo shoots going on in the office and we all loved watching the shoot and seeing the beautiful clothes, hair and make-up!
I better get back to work because I still have lots to do before this experience is officially over. Now now my fellow intern Ray and I are going to walk along Long Street and find people with awesome fashion and take pictures of them for the Street Style section, how cool!
Danielle, Features Intern 



Along came rain, along came tears.
I hate saying goodbye, but seems like that's the highlight for today, so I decided to take a look at my week at seventeen magazine. I remember first day, when all interns had to introduce themselves, some were nervous and others were excited, and no one was thinking about the last day. I know I was glad that I was sitting on that lips couch and ready to work with Taugheedah, did I mention that she is beautiful in person? Well, now you know. It all felt like first day of school again. I managed to explore the world of a fashion editor, the styling and the putting together of outfits. I have learnt so much from everyone in the office and I am also inspired by the different personalities in the office, it's like each of them has a story to tell, look at Judi (the Art intern) for instance she is completely artistic. Roxanne has this sweet face and I admire them all, Janine (Editor) is so FASHIONABLE... she looks calm in her own world  She knows how to make people laugh hard.
My days spent with Gouwah was amazing. She is the word FUN and I respect her view on fashion, I mean who wouldn't when you have the lovely Taugheedah as the Fashion editor. Ok, now I'm getting teary as I'm writing this, it's sad that I'm left with an hour and then my week at seventeen will be done. Everything has it's time. I going to miss Ancimi, Danielle, Litha and Shenaaz.
Everyday is a memory and everyone you meet is an INSPIRATION. I love seventeen!
XoXo
Gomolemo "Ray",  Fashion Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment