10 July 2012

A Cake a Day...


Yesterday’s first day butterflies are gone and day 2 went well. I'm more comfortable now that the surroundings are more familiar. However, I don't think the doors in this building like me very much - I either can't get them open or they close too hard! 
I love that, as a beauty intern, I don't have to do the same thing all the time. The fashion & beauty storeroom has me head over heels! It's like heaven in there :)
Gomolemo (fashion intern) and I just came back from lunch and she mentioned that everyone who walked past (the kitchen) was always smiling and I replied: "Why wouldn't they be? They have the best jobs ever." I realise that this job requires passion and commitment, The best? Your love for your job somehow shows in the end product.
I love being here and working with Genevieve. Like the rest of the team, she's very chilled.
Shenaz, Beauty Intern


Today was all about work: when I got in, I was immediately given three tasks by Gouwah, the fashion assistant, and had to finish off the task given to me by Taugheedah, the fashion editor.
First, I had to pack the bikinis according to their sizes and patterns and then unpack the sunglasses from SDM. Next, I had to compile outfits for the shoots taking place on Thursday and Friday. The third task was to put together my own outfit for a shoot that will also take place this week and obviously I'm overwhelmed. I love all the work and, even though Taugheedah wasn’t in today, I’m looking forward to asking her some questions. Almost forgot to mention that we had cake in the office and it was very tasty – Litha took some pics! Talk about a great work environment – I’m loving every moment of this experience.
Gomolemo, fashion intern


After a ridiculously late arrival at the office today, I got stuck straight into working on my article. I am happy to say that my first draft is pretty much complete! I still have to add a few bits and pieces to get it to be worthy of publishing, but I am excited because I’ve worked on it for a while now. The next magazine mountain that I have to conquer is my editor’s letter. This is a bit tougher to do than writing an article because it’s what I have to say to the readers. But I do love a challenge. Today I had to give the resident fashionistas an idea of what I’d like to wear on the shoot on Thursday. It’s so fun to be part of something so undeniably glamorous. I can’t wait until the October issue’s cover joins the wall of past issues. Getting to be part of creating the issue is beyond exciting! Of course we finished the day off with loads and loads of cake courtesy of our fabulous editor, Janine. This is literally the best place in the world to work!!
La vie est faite de petits bonheurs
Yours in fashion
xoxo
Litha, editor’s intern

  
I came to work with a smile today. I browsed for pictures of careers for women, clingy girlfriends and helped Judy, Sally's full-time intern, look for pictures of Kourtney Kardashian's famous blue shoes. Sally showed me around the large-format printing area where the final details and etching is done - I was like a kid in a candy store! "Let them have cake"…again! A day at seventeen isn't  a proper day without cake. We enjoyed "too-pretty-to-eat" cupcakes that Janine had specially made for her birthday, how awesome! They tasted even better than they looked. It's still so weird to think that I'm working at my favorite magazine and doing something I hope to one day call my job. Still having loads of fun with my fellow interns and the seventeen crew. Oh, and I'm leaving with a smile today.
Ancimi, Art Intern


Having gotten rid of the first day jitters I came in today knowing where to go and loving that I had things to do as I sat down. Yesterday went by like a blur and today is doing the same thing! It's so much fun writing and spending time pouring over the Hollywood gossip websites and fashion pictures. It was fun yesterday to go down to the little restaurant on the ground floor of the building, having lunch and pretending like we have been there forever was cool and the food was great.
Danielle, Features intern

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! My fiance has done a few fashion internships for her degree; I think she even applied to Seventeen once.

    ReplyDelete