06 July 2012

A Day Of Goodbyes


To be a part of the seventeam for a week was definitely an experience I will always cherish. From photoshoots to sourcing, I learnt so much about the magazine industry. Today, I had the opportunity to sit in on the fashion photoshoot for the magazine. It was extremely interesting and watching everything was inspiring. I am so happy that I had this opportunity, and am so thankful to the entire team for everything. The party at the end of the day was really fun, with cake, great music and laughter and was a brilliant way to end the week. The interns really bonded, which made the experience even better. So that ends off a great week!
Noelle, beauty intern

This past week has been a truly eye-opening and amazing experience. It seems like a lifetime ago that we walked in and we were all nervous and excited. Today we got two free cupcakes for the whole office from a potential client, the little pieces we got to have were absolutely delicious. We got to have a leisurely look through the September issue and we discussed all the articles. After comparing guy stories we came to a consensus that we will never be able to understand guys and they will never be able to understand us, so let’s give up trying. We had a lovely lunch at the deli leading to the conclusion that the favourite place to eat for the week was right here in the building. I’m so glad I got to meet these phenomenal girls. Getting along with them was so easy and a real delight. The end of the week party was fun, great cake :D I can’t wait to see what next week’s going to be like. It just keeps getting better.
“Fashion is an instant language.”- Miuccia Prada
Yours in fashion
 xoxo
 Litha, editor’s intern


It’s our last day at the seventeen Intern Academy (sad face). This week has been truly amazing!  I think I speak for all the interns when I say we wish this week would never end. The other interns and I became friends in this last five days and kind of played our own part of the group. Ammaarah was the funny and clumsy one, and really made an impression on day one by arriving fashionably late. Noelle was the chilled out beauty of the group and you found it really easy to talk to her. Litha was loud and fun one out of all of us, and made you feel at ease when were around her.  Then lastly, me! I’m not sure what I brought to the group, but I hope I made a good impression. Everything about this week was fun; from me falling off my chair on Monday (Sally calls it pulling a Chandre, lol) to Janine’s (editor) life stories. Witnessing how they did the fashion shoot was awesome, seeing how they did the make-up and hair, picking out the clothes and how they did the shoot. The 7team are really awesome and made us feel like part of the team. The 7team had a going away party for the interns leaving today (so jealous of the new interns that are coming in on Monday). To any future of interns, value the time you have here, because time really goes by super quick. Thanks to the seventeam for this awesome opportunity and all the laughs. Thanks to Jess for having me as her intern, it was really fun seeing what she does.  Bye seventeen I hope to see you sometime in the not too distant future!
Love and lip gloss
Chandre, features intern

So today is my last day as a 7team intern and it's been a very interesting experience for me. From the first meeting to the going-away party at the end of the week, this experience was exactly how I expected it to be. It was fun, interesting and everyone is always full of energy. I must admit, the office is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. The constant flow of music and banter about celebrities made me feel like I was spending the day with my friends, but all they were discussing was work! I know this sounds corny but this experience has helped me realize so much about myself and what I want to accomplish with my life. I've met so many great people, the team and fellow interns, who have each taught me something in their own way. I wish this week were starting again. My deepest gratitude goes out the team, especially Sally, for giving me this opportunity.
Ammaarah, art intern 

No comments:

Post a Comment