12 July 2012

Going Behind-the-Scenes





I finished my article today, it feels so good to have worked on it and gotten feedback from Jessica until it was perfect for the magazine. I'm so excited to see it in print in the October issue, it's going to be beyond amaze! It's a long wait, but it will be worth it to see all of our work come together. Today everyone is working hard and having fun. It’s really nice when there is music is playing in the office. Some of the songs reminded the 17team of break-ups and memories past. It got me thinking about the power a song can hold, how lyrics really grab people and how random words can be put together in all sorts of ways, but there times when the way words are put together is simply genius. And that's what seventeen does month after month. Not only do they string together words, but the images, designs and colours all go together and I love it! I felt that, since I’m talking all about words, a quote is in need. So...“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. - Audrey Hepburn
Danielle, Features Intern


My morning started slowly, my head was hurting and I had stomach cramps - everything was just going badly. So I got to work and had coffee. Then, when Taugheedah told me I should get ready for the shoot, my face sparkled instantly and I was like 'Ohhh yeah!' I got ready for the shoot, I'd picked out my own outfit yesterday, so I was ready for the LIGHTS, CAMERA and ACTION. I felt like I was in my own fairy tale movie, me being the fashionable princess, waiting for my prince charming. Today was so memorable and I would not trade it for anything. I'm still kinda sad that tomorrow will be the last day, I'm going to miss this environment, Shenaaz, Litha, Ancimi and Danielle. I think the bad morning was a good thing, it showed me how bad starts can turn out great. I know my friends Star, Kay and Rocka would just die for this amazing experience but hey, every girl has her fairy tale day! Just wait...
Signing out XoXo
Gomolemo, Fashion Intern

It's raining outside, which actually goes well with the Thursday blues we are all experiencing because tomorrow we're saying goodbye to a week full of laughter, "wow" moments, hard work and cupcakes.  This morning I got creative with collages in Indesign and Photoshop. I had a wonderful lunch downstairs with my fellow interns and when I came back, I witnessed my first photo shoot! I was so curious to see what went down and I was even allowed to take behind-the-scenes pictures. Plus, there were the most gorgeous bright green shoes they used for the shoot. It's awesome to be part of something like this. The fun really doesn't stop here at 17, still having a blast. 
Ancimi, Art Intern





Today is finally the day of the photo shoot. In the morning, I tried valiantly to work on my Ed’s letter - I’m probably on the sixth variation right now. Hopefully my mind block will dissipate within the next hour or so. Who knows when inspiration will strike? At lunch today, we had a stimulating political debate - we’re more than just beauties. It is so interesting to go behind the scenes on a shoot. The transformative powers of make-up take a pretty, ordinary girl and make her gorgeous and extraordinary. Though I think the confidence one gets from feeling beautiful cannot be captured in words. I’m super excited to be in front of the camera, although a tad nervous. Facebook photos are a completely different matter from a professional photographer. I guess one must make some sacrifices in the name of fashion. “Happy girls are the prettiest.”- Audrey Hepburn 

Yours in fashion
Xoxo
Litha, editor’s intern






So this morning on my way to the seventeen office as I walked down the street, everyone I passed turned to look at me. I recall getting a few comments and an unmistakable "Yoh!" The reason being, I had a ridiculously large bow in my hair. I hadn't expected all the attention, but still found it quite amusing. I like to make a statement, so at times I find myself donning something even my friends admit they wouldn't be brave enough to try. That's how my day started off and it just got better. It's photos galore here today and super fun! I mean, what girl doesn't like all things glamorous? Technically, this is my last day at the office because I'll be at a photo studio tomorrow with Genevieve. So leaving the office today will be bittersweet. All the interns are sort of bonding today as well, which is cool. We're all just trying to make the most of this experience. :)

Beauty and love

Shenaaz, beauty intern




No comments:

Post a Comment