05 July 2012

True Beliebers


Another day at seventeen HQ for Intern Academy started out with completing questions and tasks that given to me by the beauty editor, Genevieve. But it was all good, because I got to work to the sound of the Biebs filling the office. (This was, of course, as a result of the Beliebers in the office demanding to listen to Justin Bieber’s new album!) Anyway, I had to create mood boards for beauty and hair trends for spring/ summer 2012. I also had to do a write up for the beauty section, and research hair care products. That's basically what I got up to today... I cannot believe it's already Thursday!
Noelle, beauty intern




Today was definitely one of the more slow-paced days of the week. I spent part of the morning listening to Justin Bieber's new album and watching Sally work. She works super quickly. It's like I saw The Flash operate InDesign. Then she sent me on my own little mission to use either Photoshop or InDesign to create a collage. It's a little frustrating because every time I want to do something the complete opposite happens. I like to think this is just because of my lack of experience. I've already made a mental decision to improve my Photoshop and InDesign skills after this week ends. On that note: It's already the end of the week tomorrow :( It went by so quickly! Never before have I wanted a weekend to be shorter.
Ammaarah, art intern


I started off today with a croissant and chai latte right in the middle of town. Whilst eating I got to admire all the people passing by and I was struck by how marvellously different they all are. So today I was lucky enough to be inspired by a good dose of street fashion before I came to work. The energy I had from being so inspired allowed me to get stuck into writing my article as soon as I sat down.  As I got stuck in, Janine arrived with the new Justin Bieber CD and Sally played it for the office to hear. That’s when I realised I am probably working in the coolest place, ever! It was really fun and easy to work to Justin’s music and I accomplished quite a bit in terms of researching for my article, although unlike yesterday it was slightly difficult to find all the information I need. Today we bought lunch at Crave and ate in the kitchen (which we share with Fairlady), the food was delicious and it was really interesting to see the Fairlady women interact at lunch. It’s been a great day and a fascinating week, but I can’t believe it’s Thursday already!
“Anyone can get dressed up and glamorous but it is how people dress in their days off that is most intriguing.”- Alexander Wang
Yours in fashion
xoxo
Litha, editor’s intern


So sad, it’s the second last day of the seventeen Intern Academy (sniff, sniff). I spent this morning completing my article. I know you’ve been hearing me say that for the past three days, but, hey, features work is hard and involves lots of research. Jess must be a superwoman to write so many stories for the mag every month. I finished my features work today and finally got started on some digital things. I spent the remainder of the day looking for hot gossip on celebs and finishing up the quiz for the seventeen website. These past few days made me realise that I would really love working as a writer. I have to thank Lucy (the features intern) who has been giving me great advice on how to improve my writing and capture the reader’s attention. Can’t believe tomorrow is our last day.
Love and lip gloss
Chandre




No comments:

Post a Comment