11 July 2012

Never Want it to End



I cannot believe that we are already halfway through our week! It’s crazy stuff, but I’m glad that we still have some time left. Today the sun is shining through the large glass windows and it makes the room brighter and everyone happier. All us interns love the days we get to spend here, and the experiences and lessons that come along with them. I cannot stop thinking about the cupcakes we had yesterday! Totes amaze! I did not want to ruin the pretty designs but I was glad I did because they tasted so good, ah success is sweet. Here's to a great rest of day and amazing end of the week. Going to spend some time pouring over the latest gossip and fashion trends now!
Danielle, Features Intern

I can't even think about the fact that we're leaving on Friday - just two days left! But the fun hasn't stopped. Today I finished browsing for picture for some of the careers stories and took a nice lunch at the Bakoven. When I got back to the office, Sally gave me icons and a variety of pictures to start a collage with in Indesign. It was so much fun doing my own thing! I speak for all of the interns when I say we don't want this week to end. I just love knowing that it's possible for my hobby to be my future career. It actually feels weird that we didn't get cake today, but I think maybe that's a good thing.
Ancimi, Art Intern


Today, Shenaaz, Gouwah and I went sourcing for clothes for the shoots that'll be taking place tomorrow. The day was more outdoor then indoor and I have to admit, it was a big fashion blast. For me, it was also a tour as I come from Pretoria and I always wanted to explore Canal Walk, not forgetting Long Street! Our journey started Canal Walk as we had to go source at Jay Jays, Zoot, The Lot and the amazing jewellery store Lovisa. Lovisa is the best thing invented, I just went gaga over it - talk about being the centre of attraction. After Canal Walk, we invaded the longest street in Cape Town and headed to Journey, A-List and Vintage. Vintage was my favourite stop - the store was completely vintage! I loved everything about it - the bags, the deco, the owner and, of course, myself in it. I wish I could take the whole store home with me. Fashion was in the air today, it was everywhere and I could feel it in the streets. I call this day a Long Canal Fashion Street day!
Gomolemo, Fashion intern

Today I finished my Mission article for the October issue, which is beyond exciting because it took a lot of hard work and research, and it’s gratifying to see the piece finally come together. While I finished my article, the beauty and fashion interns got to go and source clothes. I’m so excited to see what they picked up for tomorrow’s shoot. Seeing as I finished my article today, Janine gave me the extremely tough task of reviewing the annual Hot Boys supplement. After taking a look and trying to come up with a list of new hotties, I am left with only one question, WHERE ARE ALL THE LOCAL HOTTIES? I also realised that we love the jocks, actors and musicians, but we’re leaving behind the smart guys. We’ve got to start embracing the nerds. It’s a serious crisis that we have on our hands because we simply can’t find any! Even though this is a super fun task, the editor’s letter that still needs to be written is at the back of my mind. I must say I’m astounded that it’s Wednesday already, time really does fly when you’re having fun.“Some women choose to follow men, some choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you it doesn’t love you.”- Lady GagaYours in fashionLitha, Editor's Intern I learnt so much today. Yesterday, I was told that we’d be going ‘sourcing’ and, at the time, I had no idea what that meant. It turns out it's going out to find clothing for shoots and basically borrowing it from the shops for a period of time. Pretty simple, hey? You have to keep things in mind like what the shoot is for, what season it is etc. It's like going to fashion Narnia, until the realisation that the clothes aren't for you hits you and you're transported back to life. But that doesn't stop it from being fun. :) I also got to experience a stills photo shoot for some of the beauty products, which was really cool.Another thing I learnt is not to be afraid to ask questions - everyone here is really helpful. They're like one big family. I know that that sounds so cliche, but it couldn't be more true. We read seventeen every month, but I don't think we really realise how much work goes into everything so that it turns out the way it does. The people that work behind the scenes are really pretty amazing.High heels & Lip glossShenaaz, Beauty Intern


 

No comments:

Post a Comment