03 July 2012

Going Behind-The-Scenes



So day 2 of my internship was all about fashion, fashion and more fashion! I went sourcing with Gouwah, the fashion assistant, for clothes for some of next week’s shoots. It was great – who doesn’t love shopping, right? We decided to go to Canal Walk, which has an array of stores to choose from, so it was perfect for what we needed to do. We were given a brief of what we needed to get and had to find similar items, but also interpret the brief in our own way. After a morning of clothes hunting, we returned to the office and began sorting the clothes in the fashion store room ... I had to control myself at times because the clothes are just so amazing! Can't wait to see what day 3 has in store for me.
Noelle Stakes, beauty intern

Leading up to my first day at Seventeen I was incredibly nervous and excited. I had absolutely no idea what to expect, but I kept imagining that it was going to be a cross between Running In Heels and The Devil Wears Prada. As soon as I walked in and saw the hot pink lip couch I realised I had nothing to worry about.
Today, I breezed into the office and went straight to my desk, which made me feel like a true part of the 7team. We started off the day by getting a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into choosing competition winners, which was really fun. The team even used their sleuthing skills to make sure some of the entrants’ details were up to scratch (who knew all that Facebook stalking cute guys would come in handy).
When lunchtime rolled around, the interns opted for super healthy Kauai instead of McDonalds.
After that I got back to work on my task for today, which was to write a blurb for a book excerpt and transcribe the book’s first chapter. This encompasses both creativity and simple typing. Today wasn’t the most fast-paced day, but it was still fun and I’m learning a tremendous amount every day. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings!
 Yours in fashion
Xoxo
Litha, editor's intern



Day 2 of the Intern Academy went really well! I spent the morning going through Seventeen magazines from all over the world. This was great because I finally understood what Sally meant when she explained that you need to add a cultural twist to the magazine, while still keeping up to the worldwide expectations of Seventeen. It played an important role in how I understand magazines and how their layouts work. And I got to read Seventeen magazines all morning (even if some were in Spanish).
 The afternoon was spent searching for a Style Star (a fashionable celebrity to give all us girls out there a little inspiration). Now I know this sounds like it's easy, but it's really not. I did this yesterday as well and I assure you that not all celebrities are as stylish as you expect them to be. I also tried out an outfit for the photo-shoot I'm going to be doing tomorrow. Yes - I'm finally getting those 5 minutes of being a model that I've dreamed of since I was a little girl. Needless to say, I'm beyond excited for the rest of this week!
Ammaarah, art intern


Well, another day has gone by; gosh time really flies when you’re having fun! Today I needed to get started on my article, I did a bit more research, finally got started and now I'm almost done (dancing on the inside). The 7team are so fun to be with and are such girls! The other interns and I really feel like part of the team. Tatum, the digital intern, gave me a few websites to check out and I had to find some hot gossip stories – this is totally the best job ever! I wish this week would never end. Till tomorrow!
Love and lip gloss.
Chandré, feature's intern

No comments:

Post a Comment