04 July 2012

Strike a Pose!


Driving to work today and seeing not one, but two rainbows may seem like a bright start to any day. Then I heard that Justin Bieber is coming to South Africa on his Believe tour. Bright start does not even begin to describe how amazing this morning was. Walking in to the office on cloud nine, I only sort of registered the fancy camera equipment and the slight excitement in the room. Today, two of the interns were glammed up to get some photos taken for the magazine. Seeing how the girls were dolled up and all the effort it takes to create a good photo, I now have a greater appreciation for all those fashion spreads. Today, Janine gave me the somewhat daunting (but extremely exciting) task of writing an article for the Mission part of the magazine. I’ve started my research and getting together the skeleton for the article. After all the glamour so early in the morning, and working so studiously, all of us interns took a little lunch break and we decided to try out the deli in the building. It was exactly what I needed to re-fuel for the rest of the day. Now I’ve got to get back to writing my article for the magazine (that’s something I’ve always dreamed of saying).
“Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.”-  Lyman Frank Baum
Living the dream
Xoxo
Litha, editor’s intern

I have to admit I was pretty excited about the day ahead when I stepped into the office this morning. You see, I knew that today a few of the interns, including myself, would get to take part in an office photo shoot for the magazine! So after finishing off the work I had from the previous day, I set about choosing the outfit I would wear. The only thing was, I had so much to choose from, that I had a tough time deciding on an outfit (terrible, isn't it? ) ... Anyway, after much deliberation, and some help from Taugheedah, I finally settled on one I loved. Then it was off to hair and make-up, for the transformation. Honestly, its amazing what some concealer and blush can do...and of course a little hairspray for the finishing touches! So when I was looking photo shoot-fresh, we finally started shooting. The photo shoot was actually really fun, and I would definitely do it again any day, so that was day 3...Ciaoxx
Noelle, beauty intern


This morning I had to continue with my article and finished just before lunch. Just before I sent my article to Jess, Lucy (the features intern) gave me some really helpful tips on improving my writing. A photographer came this morning and took pictures of Ammaarah (art intern) and Noelle (beauty intern), they got to try on cool clothes and had their hair and make-up done, they looked really beautiful! I got to play paparazzi and take pictures of them getting ready. The seventeen fashion room is filled with cool clothes, amazing shoes and cute accessories (wish my closet was that big). After lunch, I continued with more work for my article. I never knew that writing articles took so much work and research. I’m learning so much here. Wish I could stay here forever. Till tomorrow
Love and lip gloss
Chandre, features intern




Today I walked into the office and almost immediately had to get my make-up and hair done. This was the first time I'd had my make-up done professionally and it was all very exciting. Everyone was really nice and supportive despite my non-stop nervous rambles about how I don't know what to do with my hands. This was basically how my morning went. When it was all done I went to get changed and it felt a little like it hadn't even happened yet. Time here goes by so quickly!
After a very good lunch with my fellow interns, I sat down to continue making a collage of all things seventeen. The seventeam were discussing the Cruise/Holmes divorce today and now all that's in my head is, "I don't wanna wait for our lives to be over"
Ammaara, art intern

No comments:

Post a Comment