29 June 2011

Still fighting the nerves


My second day at seventeen and so far it’s been so good. I actually have no idea why I get so nervous because there is nothing to be nervous about but yet I am. I guess it’s because it’s still hard to believe that I am interning at seventeen. I arrived at work at 9:30 am although we only start at 10 am; I wanted to be early to try and find my way around and settle in.

Today I experienced my first production meeting, where they discussed how far they are in the magazine and what still needs to be done. It was nice to get a feel of how things run at seventeen. After the meeting I was sitting next to Sally,the art director, watching her work and while she was working I asked questions and she gave me advice.

I was then assigned to do deep-etching and worked my magic in Photoshop. I took my lunch break with my new friends and we went to the cafeteria on the 22nd floor. Coming back from lunch I went through old seventeen magazines looking for images that can be used in marketing to promote the brand. Time really flew today, but I had an awesome time!

Hugs & kisses
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment