19 May 2009

this is way better than school!

Malikah Moosa, 16, is in grade 11 at Kensington High School in Cape Town.

6 April – first day jitters
When I arrived at seventeen I was so nervous – my dad had to tell me to relax and just be myself. When I met Liza, she made me feel right at home. I had the opportunity to sit in on one of their briefing meetings and to meet the rest of the team. They were all so welcoming. I later joined them for another meeting, I was so amazed at how many things have to be done in preparing the magazine – these ladies really know their stuff! They’re such an inspiration. Today I wrote a letter for the mail page – it’s the first time I’ve written about seventeen (hope it did it right! lol). My first day came to an end so quickly, I’m really looking forward to see what the rest of the week has in store for me!

7 April – I love celebs!
Phew! I had such a great day, I helped sort out the library, putting all the seventeen magazines from different countries in the right order – there are so many and I thought it was just SA and America… boy was I wrong! I also got the great job of updating their celebrity A-Z list… It was awesome doing research on up-and-coming celebs and stars I didn’t even know about until today – so much fun! If you can't live without your daily celeb gossip fix, check out the www.seventeen.co.za updates – the bomb!

8 April – recycling and typing
Today was all about recycling! I sorted some papers and job bags out that needed to go in the recycling box (I had fun with that because in between sorting them out, I read them lol!) I also helped type up a few stories the team needed, which was great – I’ve got this secret little obsession when it comes to typing, I just love it. I even had some time to read some of the international copies of seventeen that were really interesting. And I snapped some pics of the office for my memory book!

9 April – my last day
I am sad to leave seventeen – it’s been an experience of a lifetime to intern here. I’ll really miss everything about this place, the working atmosphere as well as the amazing staff who put together the wonderful magazine we have the opportunity of reading every month. I have run out of words, I really have no clue how else to describe how great the week has been for me. Thanks a million you guys rock! It was the best week ever.

Typing up a storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment