12 May 2009

the lidia diaries

the awesome mood board!

30 March 2009

Starting on Monday morning was nerve-wracking! Trust me! Meeting Liza West was even worse – lol, I'm kidding, she was super sweet and soo welcoming ☺ Thanks Liza! I was introduced to my work area – Mac computer – awesome! Straight away I was thrown, okay, lightly tossed, into a production meeting and I got to meet all the funky people working behind the scenes of 17. I was given the April edition, who wouldn’t want to be staring at that cover all day? Zac-alicious! Had an opportunity to write a letter for next month’s issue, phone some readers and UrbanScouts for Anja (Fashion & Beauty Director) – she was looking for contributors for one of our Skin Care Guide pages in the June issue (sounds so fun to say “our” hehe!). Then I started some research for the next issue and before I knew it, day one had finished!

check out all the beauty products!

31 March 2009

Starting my day off with production meetings is something I really could get used to! The fun interaction reminds me of high school all over again – chatting about hot soccer players is definitely a good way to start the day. After the meeting, I helped with sorting out the March issue job bags into piles – yes “we” ☺ recycle at 17. Even the bins in the kitchen area are separated for recycling – super cool. Made myself some hot choc and continued my work. My time at seventeen seems to be slipping by so quickly…

1 April 2009

April Fools Day! Wasn’t ready for any bad pranks today. Thank goodness the seventeam had so many deadlines to meet, most of them forgot. Now I could breathe a sigh of relief, I’ve always had a nightmare about being the intern picked on, on April Fools Day ☺
Liza gave me a set of instructions for the day, her and Khwezi were headed off to a launch party – oh yeah! While Liza was away, Pam (Sub Editor) had me busy. Haha! She’s just as sweet! I had to photocopy some articles and pics from various mags for the team… To get the job using a photocopier has been a recurring nightmare too. Ash (Designer) saved my day, thanks Ash! She’s a star, always willing to help me with my thousands of probs. Next I sorted out the back-up cupboard and printed stickers for it. ☺ Wanna know the best part? I was able to sip on the new Loaded natural smoothie drink… kick-starting my afternoon with a kiwi drink was cool. Rest of the day I sorted out the library – who knew seventeen was published in so many languages, fun-kee! Lastly, I had a personal meeting with Khwezi and Liza on my Digi Diva piece for the June issue. If I thought I knew what nerves were, I was sadly mistaken! Hope none of them noticed my twitching leg! ☺ [The June issue hits shelves on 1 June]


The lovely Ashley hard at work

Meeting with Khwezi (can you tell that she thinks Liza's crazy - who takes
photos during meetings?!)

Me sorting out the library (and catching up on some reading)

Filing in the back-up cupboard

2 April 2009

Missed Liza today ☹ she was off sick, but never fear, seventeen goes on! I was set back to phoning girls for the Skin Care Guide piece – it was so nice to have a chat with other seventeen lovers, all the girls were super friendly and so willing! Thanks for all your help ladies! For the best beauty tips, check out www.seventeen.co.za
I helped Pam by photocopying pages for the June issue job bags, doing the stockists list and various other things. Then I was honoured to join in and listen to the Karaoke Katy competition finalists… Congrats to Chantel who was chosen as the winner! Highlight of my day: getting to phone the contestants from www.seventeen.co.za's Do You Know a Hottie competition for the Guys Talk page in the June issue. Glad they couldn’t see me blushing over the phone!

3 April 2009

Today started off badly… I overslept, not that much that I couldn’t get to 17 on time, but I almost walked under a ladder on my way to the office! Okay, I’m not superstitious but why tempt fate? My last day flew by so quickly I couldn’t believe it. It seemed like Monday had only been the day before! I finished my Digi Diva piece (more nerves because Liza would have to read it) and continued phoning the hotties. My day rushed by and it was time for me to bid my farewells. I personally hate goodbyes so it was one of my most awkward days ever… I had the obvious solution: never say bye and come back on Monday! However, things don’t always go my way. Thanks to Khwezi and Liza for the awesome opportunity and for being so friendly and understanding, I’m not that good at hiding my nerves LOL! And to all those 17 lovers out there – interning at 17 is an awesome experience and def something you should put on your to-do-list ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment